The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula, and shares borders with Oman and Saudi Arabia, while having maritime borders in the Persian Gulf with Qatar and Iran. Abu Dhabi is the nation's capital, while Dubai, the most populous city, is an international hub.
Each emirate is governed and together, they form the Federal Supreme Council; one of them serves as President of the United Arab Emirates. In 2013, the country had a population of 9.2 million, of which 1.4 million were citizens and 7.8 million were expatriates. As of 2020, the United Arab Emirates has an estimated population of roughly 9.9 million. Islam is the official religion and Arabic is the official language. The United Arab Emirates oil and natural gas reserves are the world's sixth and seventh-largest, respectively. The United Arab Emirates has the most diversified economy among the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council. In the 21st century, the country has become less reliant on oil and gas, and is economically focusing on tourism and business. The government does not levy income tax, although there is a corporate tax in place and a 5% value-added tax was established in 2018.
- CountryCountry is a distinct region in geography—a broad term that can include political divisions or regions associated with distinct political characteristics.
- LocationLocation refers to an established geographical area or region, as well as the area relative to where something else is. A location can be more or less exact—both geographical grid coordinates and relative areas (x is five miles west of y) are examples of locations.
- AsiaContinent in earth's eastern hemisphere
- Arabian PeninsulaLocation
- Middle EastRegion that encompasses majority of western Asia and Egypt
- Investment Corporation of DubaiThe Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) is a state-owned holding company that can be characterized as a sovereign wealth fund owned by the government of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Dubai Angel InvestorsAn angel group in Dubai that focuses on investing in seed and early-stage technology companies in the MENA region.
- Emirates (airline)Airline in the united arab emirates
- Show More