Lynah Rink is the home of Cornell University hockey. The rink, which was dedicated April 6, 1957, was named in honor of the late James Lynah (class of 1905), director of athletics at Cornell from 1935-43.
Cornell began sponsoring a hockey team in 1900-01. All home games were played on the university's outdoor rink at Beebe Lake until the 1947-48 season when a series of mild winters left the team on "thin ice" at Beebe, causing Cornell to drop its hockey program entirely. The construction of Lynah Rink enabled Cornell to resume ice hockey as a varsity sport for the 1957-58 season.
Lynah is capable of holding 4,267 attendees. Cornell's Varsity Men's ice hockey team has won nearly 72 percent of its games played at Lynah Rink since its opening, with the longest home winning streak for contests played in Lynah being 63 games, starting Jan. 14, 1967 and ending Jan. 29, 1972.