BlueYard Capital is a venture capital firm that invests in founders with transforming ideas that decentralize markets, empower users, and liberate data. BlueYard is based in Berlin, invests across Europe and is closely tied to the US.
Ciaran O'leary and Jason Whitmire founded BlueYard Capital in 2016, and the company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany. BlueYard is a thesis-driven firm that backs founders decentralizing markets, empowering users and liberating data.
BlueYard Capital has made 20 investments. One such investment was on Oct 9, 2018, when they invested $19M in Pitch.
BlueYard Capital has raised a total of $240M across 2 funds, their latest being BlueYard Capital Fund II. This fund was announced on Jan 2, 2019, and raised a total of $120M. The venture capital firm competes with OpenOcean, Lakestar, and EQT Ventures.
BlueYard Capital raised $120 million for their first investment fund called the 'early-stage' fund for making seed and series A investments in companies based in the United States and Europe that are developing technology-based products and services.
BlueYard Capital Fund II
BlueYard Capital was founded.
A cellular agriculture company making 100% clean meat products.
A technology company making a collaboration and presentation platform.
OB1 is a mobile applications for buying and selling products using Bitcoin on OpenBazaar.
StdLib is a San Francisco-based company.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
3D Modelling Software
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- Cluster: Venture capitalA cluster of topics related to venture capital.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.