August Schell is a cybersecurity company providing systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers, offering a portfolio of capabilities and technologies. They are focused on helping their customers develop solutions around cloud computing, big data, identity management, digital transformation, and machine learning. They work to develop security solutions to proactively defend and protect organizations against cyber attacks with a planned reactivity built in to their systems.
August Schell offers security products for cloud computing situations and on-premise software applications for:
- Enterprise-Scale Identity Management, including derived credentials for mobility
- Big Data, including security and visualization related to Big Data
- Network security and visibility
- Operations Intelligence
- Data Center security, including firewalls, endpoint awareness/management and virtualization
- Cloud security and visibility
- Application and data security
- Software-defined data center (SDDC), including compute, storage, network and backup
August Schell's security solutions include Micro-Segmentation, where they offer zero-trust networking, secure network traffic within data centers, offer better visualization of network flows and better the overall security posture of a data center; Enterprise Monitoring and Management, which works to enable search across a range of source and reduce monitoring costs; and Identity and Access Management, which works to achieve systems visibility and identify anomalies among endpoints.
For enterprises working in big data, August Schell offers solutions which include Operational Intelligence to help monitor machine data and create centralized dashboards; Data Analytics and Visualization to help analyze large data sets and visualize trends; and Log Aggregation to help manage system log data and store and retain critical assets.
Software-defined security solutions offer hardware agnostic, touchless and optimized operations. August Schell's software-defined solution works to offer Data Centers software controlled networking with centrally managed firewalls, load-balancers and virtual private networks; help enable virtual data centers to extend workloads across multiple sites or hybrid or public clouds while delivering agile data center frameworks; create on-demand data stores and expand storage needs; and automate backup and restore process with direct access to backup and restore functions while enabling cloud as offsite managed storage.
August Schell's partners include RedHat, Splunk, VMWare, Carahsoft, Immix Group, Promark, Amazon Web Services, Box, Carbon Black, Checkmark, CloudBolt Software, Corelight, Databricks, Dell EMC, Expanse, F5, FireEye, Forward Networks, Google, Gigamon, Insight Engines, Ivanti, LexisNexis, MongoDB, Nagios, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto Networks, Qmulos, Recorded Future, Rubrik, SafeNet, Symantec, Tableau, Tanium, Trend Micro, Veritas and Zoomdata.
Vice President, Engineering
Director, Enterprise Management Solutions and Services
Vice President, Sales
Vice President, Business Operations
Chief Technology Officer
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CybersecurityCybersecurity is the protection of software, hardware, and data from digital attacks for the purpose of accessing, changing, destroying, interrupting, or extorting assets and information.
- Cloud computingForm of internet-based computing that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand