The firm is regarded as Canada’s regulated cryptoasset fund manager. 3iQ is the first investment fund manager in Canada that has agreed to regulations with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities, allowing them to manage a multi-cryptoasset investment fun available to investors. The company manages a mutual fund trust for accredited investors that holds bitcoin, ether, and litecoin called the 3iQ Global Cryptoasset Fund. The 3iQ Pooled Fund does not publicly offer their services in Canada, but rather offers its securities under exemptions from the prospectus requirement.
The company has also acquired the funds of another Canadian investment fund manager, First Block Capital. First Block Capital Inc. is Canada's first cryptocurrency and blockchain investment company, with the goal to expose emerging digital currency assets based on blockchain technology. This acquirement included the FBC Bitcoin Trust, and FBC Distribution Ledger Technology Adopters ETF. FBC Bitcoin Trust provides Canadian investors a tax-efficient exposure to the use of cryptocurrency.
The company is also engaged in a public hearing with the Ontario Securities Commission to bring a bitcoin fund to the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company also co-founded Canada Stablecorp Inc. to issue a Canadian dollar stablecoin.
Frederick T. Pye
Co-Founder, President & CEO
Jean Luc Landry
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Investment Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Stability towards scalability: why stablecoins are important for crypto adoption
Fred Pye, Kesem Frank
March 25, 2019
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Baffled about Bitcoin? Here's a quick crash course in cryptocurrencies
November 28, 2017
Bitcoin won't get mainstream acceptance without regulation
January 25, 2018
Challenging the OSC to get a Bitcoin Fund Approved
April 2, 2019
South Korea ban signals good news for cryptocurrencies
January 12, 2018
Frederick T. Pye
ARK Investment Management LLC
New York, United States
- Cryptocurrency hedge fundCryptocurrency hedge funds manage investments into cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- EtherEther (ETH) is the cryptocurrency used on the Ethereum blockchain that can be used to operate smart contracts.
- LitecoinLitecoin (LTC or Ł) is a open source peer-to-peer cryptocurrency forked from Bitcoin by creator Charlie Lee. A key difference from Bitcoin is the decreased block generation time.
- Show More