Synapse Capital is a private equity and venture capital firm in California that focuses on crypto native projects and developer network effects. Founded 2017 in San Francisco, California, United States by Matt Slater and Nathan Doctor, it invests in seed rounds, pre-seed rounds, venture rounds and initial coin offerings. Its portfolio companies include Futureswap, Authereum, Keep, Ocean Protocol, Synthetix, Ren, Theta Labs, and 0x. As of April 2020, Synapse Capital has made nine investments. Their most recent investment was on March 11, 2020, when Futureswap raised $1M. Futureswap is a decentralized (or non-custodial) futures exchange.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: Venture capitalA cluster of topics related to venture capital.
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.