The SAFTE (Simple Agreement for Future Tokens or Equity) was developed by the Colony Network and provides a mechanism for investors to be offered a discount to a future token sale or equity. If a token sale does not take place, the investor has a right to equity in the company issuing the SAFTE.
The SAFTE doesn't accrue interest and is not a debt instrument.
SAFTE: A Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (or Equity)
Jack du Rose
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- SAFE (Simple Agreement for Future Equity)The Simple Agreement for Future Equity is a financial instrument created by Y Combinator to simplify seed investing as an alternative to convertible notes.
- SAFT (Simple Agreement for Future Tokens)The Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFT) is an instrument and open-source framework for cryptographic token sales.
- InvestmentTerm in finance and economics
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Show More