The Port of Nakhodka is a Russian seaport of federal significance in the Nakhodka Bay and on the northwestern coast of the Sea of Japan. Included in the largest port and transport hub of Russia in the Pacific Ocean "Vostochny-Nakhodka". Cargo turnover in 2013 amounted to 18.4 million tons.
It includes marine universal and oil terminals in Nakhodka Bay, as well as fish terminals in Andreeva, Podyapolsky, Yuzhno-Morskaya, Gaydamak, Preobrazheniya, Moryak-Rybolov, Nazimova, Pyat Okhotnikov, Sokolovskaya bays, as well as at the mouth of the Oprichninka River. Nomenclature of cargoes: coal, oil products, containers, refrigerated cargo.
Merchant navigation on the shores of Nakhodka Bay dates back to the existence of the trading post of the Siberian specific department in 1867-1873. A pier, warehouses and a smithy were built in the harbor to serve ships. Most of the cargo operations were carried out on the departmental ship Nakhodka. In 1906, the Vladivostok-Nakhodka cargo and passenger line was opened at the mouth of the Suchan. The ship "Siberia" of the Heinrich Kaiserling Society made regular trips twice a week. In the 1930s a railway was laid in Nakhodka Bay on the shores of the village of the same name near Cape Shefner, a pier 125 meters long was built, the port-point Nakhodka was opened with the office of the manager on Delovaya Street (now Portovaya).
On October 7, 1939, the Central Committee of the All-Union Communist Party of Bolsheviks and the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR adopted Decree No. 1646-399 "On the transfer of the Vladivostok commercial and fishing ports to Nakhodka Bay." The port was built by prisoners of the Gulag under the Office of the Correctional Labor Camp and Construction No. 213, and since 1942 - by the Dalstroy of the NKVD. In 1938-1946. in Nakhodka Bay there was a SVITLag transit point, from which the ships of Dalstroy - Kulu, Dzhurma, Dalstroy, Sovetskaya Latvia and Felix Dzerzhinsky - during the navigation period transported prisoners arriving at Nakhodka station, in Magadan. The dispatch of prisoners in the Nakhodka Bay continued until the explosion on the Dalstroy steamer in the summer of 1946.
In 1947, at the first berths of the Commercial Port, the first merchant ship, the Danish steamer Greta Mersk, stood up for loading. In 1950, the Fishing Port began its work. In 1956, 1957 the Nakhodka active sea fishing base and the Primorsky ship repair plant are opened. In 1959, an enterprise for the production of dredging works in the port - "Daltekhflot" was created. In 1973, the Vostochny and oil loading ports were put into operation. In 2009, the administrations of the Trade, Fishing and Oil Loading Ports of Nakhodka were merged. At the fish terminals of the Nakhodka Sea Fishing Port, a program is being implemented to re-equip sites for processing container cargo.