OffWorld looks to develop industrial robots that are meant to lift heavy objects on various locations throughout the solar system. The company was founded by Alicia Kavelaars, James Jason Murray, Norbert Frischaug, Erika Ilves, Jim Keravala, Joshua Izengberg, and Mark Nall. They founded the company in 2016, in Pasadena, California, United States.
OffWorld is interested in keeping Earth safe and providing a backup plan in the case of an existential event, finding resources and storing energy off the planet to provide greener means of energy accrual, and the idea of helping humanity spread through the solar system.
The company looks to develop robotic intelligence that is able to learn from human experience, and is able to adapt to a range of industrial jobs both on and off of Earth's surface. They are developing artificial intelligence solutions for robotic systems and machine intelligence. Their artificial intelligence is meant to reinforce learning to train agents that operate in the real world, and utilizes simulators to develop artificially intelligent robots.
Some of the industries the company produces for include mining across the solar system, self-repairing cities, manufacturing, in-orbit processes, construction, and processing resources.
James Jason Murray
AI | offworld
Industries | offworld
Masterplan | offworld
OffWorld - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
Story | offworld
Story | offworld
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Pasadena, California, United States
- Cluster: RoboticsA cluster of topics related to robotics.
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.
- Space colonizationThe formation of permanent self-sufficient human habitation and exploitation of natural resources beyond earth.
- Cluster: SpaceA cluster of topics related to the space industry.
- MiningNAICS industry subsector 212 - Industries in the Mining (except Oil and Gas) subsector primarily engage in mining, mine site development, and beneficiating (i.e., preparing) metallic minerals and nonmetallic minerals, including coal.