The village of Odintsovo was established in the late 14th century by a noble known as Andrey Odinets (whose real name Andrey Domotkanov). For the great service to Dmitry Donskoy Odinets was granted land to the southwest of Moscow. Town status was granted to Odintsovo in 1957.
Administrative and municipal status:
Within the framework of administrative divisions, Odintsovo serves as the administrative center of Odintsovsky District. As an administrative division, it is, together with nineteen rural localities, incorporated within Odintsovsky District as the City of Odintsovo. As a municipal division, the City of Odintsovo is incorporated within Odintsovsky Municipal District as Odintsovo Urban Settlement.
Coat of arms:
The coat of arms of Odintsovo shows a white deer, representing cleanliness and purity. The deer lies facing the west, although gazes to the east.
- CityLarge and permanent human settlement. A large settlement, the inhabitants of which are, as a rule, engaged in non-agriculture. It has a developed complex of economy and economy. It is an accumulation of architectural and engineering structures that ensure the vital activity of the permanent and temporary population of the city.