Iosif Moiseevich Raevsky (real name - Iosif Moiseevich Gradus; January 7, 1901, Orenburg - September 23, 1972, Moscow) - Soviet actor, theater director, teacher. People's Artist of the USSR (1968).
Born December 25, 1900 (January 7, 1901) in Orenburg.
During the Civil War, in 1918-1919 - artist of the House of Education, in 1919-1921 - artist of the 1st mobile theater of the Political Department of the 1st Army of the Eastern Front. In 1922-1925 he was a student of the school of the 2nd Studio of the Moscow Art Theater.
Since 1922 - an actor, and since 1932 - and director of the Moscow Art Theater.
He staged performances in theaters of the Byelorussian SSR (Y. Kupala Theater, Y. Kolas Theater - “Who laughs last” by K. Krapiva (1939), “Enemies” by M. Gorky (1952), in Canada (Montreal Theater - “ Three sisters "A. Chekhov, 1966).
From 1932 he taught at GITIS, from 1939 - professor, from 1946 - head of the acting department. During the war years, he acted as director of GITIS, evacuated to Saratov, then - artistic director of the front-line theater of GITIS, which reached Berlin in 1945. During his pedagogical work, he prepared national courses: Ossetian, Kabardian. Among his students: Yu. Puzyrev, N. Rushkovsky, M. Zakharov, S. Bragarnik, A. Abdulov, N. Merzlikin, A. Myagchenkov, V. Yurchenko, G. Tretyakov and others.
He also taught at the School-Studio. V. I. Nemirovich-Danchenko at the Moscow Art Theater of the USSR. M. Gorky.
I. M. Raevsky died on September 23, 1972 in Moscow. He was buried at the Peredelkino cemetery.
Titles and awards
- Honored Artist of the North Ossetian ASSR (1946)
- Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1948)
- Honored Art Worker of the RSFSR (1954)
- People's Artist of the Byelorussian SSR (1955)
- People's Artist of the USSR (1968)
- Two orders of the Red Banner of Labor (1940, 10/26/1948)
- Order of the Badge of Honor (26.10.1938)
Roles in the theater
- 1925 "Elizaveta Petrovna" D. P. Smolin - Peter III
- "At the Bottom" by M. Gorky - Kostylev
- 1926 "Days of the Turbins" M.A. Bulgakov - Lariosik
- 1927 "Crazy Day, or the Marriage of Figaro" by P. Beaumarchais - the shepherd Gripp-Soleil
- 1928 "Squaring the circle" V. P. Kataev - Abram
- 1930 "Three fat men" Yu. K. Olesha - clown August
- 1934 "The Pickwick Club" by Ch. Dickens - Mr. Perker
Performances in the theater
- "Three Sisters" by A. P. Chekhov (together with Vl. I. Nemirovich-Danchenko and N. N. Litovtseva)
- 1938 - "Dostigaev and others" by M. Gorky (together with L. M. Leonidov)
- 1945 - "Officer of the Navy" A. A. Kron (with N. M. Gorchakov)
- 1950 - "Breaking" by B. A. Lavrenyov (together with V. Ya. Stanitsyn)
- 1950 - "Petty bourgeois" M. Gorky (together with M. N. Kedrov and S. K. Blinnikov)
- 1954 - "Lermontov" B. A. Lavrenyov (together with V. Ya. Stanitsyn)
- 1955 - "Good afternoon!" V. S. Rozova
- 1960 - "The Seagull" by A.P. Chekhov (together with V. Ya. Stanitsyn)
- 1961 - "Over the Dnieper" by A. E. Korneichuk (together with M. N. Kedrov and S. K. Blinnikov)
- 1962 - "Pretty Liar" J. Kilty
- 1966 - "Don Quixote is fighting" V. N. Korostylev
Staged performances in the theaters of the Byelorussian SSR: "Who laughs last" (1939) and "Dear Man" (1945) - both K. Krapiva, Theater. Yanka Kupala; "Enemies" by M. Gorky (1952, Theater named after Yakub Kolas); in Canada (Three Sisters by A.P. Chekhov, 1966, Montreal Theatre).
Jewish suite "Family joys". Ballet by Igor Moiseev.
February 16, 2018
Раевский, Иосиф Моисеевич - Биография
January 5, 2017