Insilico Medicine is a drug discovery, artificial intelligence company that looks to treat cancer and age related diseases. The company was founded by Alex Zhavoronkov in 2014, in Rockville, Maryland, United States.
The company looks to extend deep learning and artificial intelligence solutions for drug and aging research. The company provides 3D molecular representations based on the wave transform for Convolution Neural Networks Molecular pharmaceutics. Insilico Medicine's drug discovery engine utilizes millions of samples and multiple data types to discover signatures of disease and to identify targets for molecules that exist or can be generated.
The company looks to launch research and development centers and research results in Taiwan. Their team consists of scientists that operate in the United States, United Kingdom, Poland, Belgium, South Korea, Taiwan, Africa, and Russia.
In response to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), the company has offered support to discover drugs. They have been working on research with six molecules to combat the virus. Insilico Medicine is using their AI-based drug discovery pipeline to identify drug molecules that could target 3C-like protease. 3C-like protease is a SARS-CoV-2 protein that is a target for potential drugs because it has a central role in the viral replication cycle. A portion will be tested by Insilico Medicine and the remainder of the potentially useful structures will be published on the company website and available to the public (https://insilico.com/ncov-sprint/).
Alexander H. Perkins
Artem V. Artemov
Insilico Medicine | Crunchbase
Potential COVID-2019 3C-like Protease Inhibitors Designed Using Generative Deep Learning Approaches
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Rockville, Maryland, United States
Medical products, DNA
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.
- CoronavirusCDC Coronavirus: Coronaviruses are common throughout the world. They can infect people and animals. Five different coronaviruses can infect people and make them sick. They usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory illness.
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.