BeiDou Navigation Satellite System has been independently constructed and operated by China with an eye to the needs of the country’s national security and economic and social development. As a space infrastructure of national significance, the BeiDou provides all-time, all-weather and high-accuracy positioning, navigation and timing services to global users.
The Baidou space segment is a mixed orbital constellation consisting of 30 or more satellites in three types of orbits (medium circular orbit, geostationary orbit, geosynchronous inclined high orbit).
- Global basic navigation service
- Wide-area functional augmentation system service
- Short message service
- High-precision navigation service
- Search and rescue service
- Public Security
- Disaster Prevention and Mitigation
- Special Care
- Mass Market Applications
- Electric Power Industry
BeiDou Navigation Satellite System - China's Own GPS
September 15, 2021
Navigate the World Through BeiDou
- Navigationfrom the Latin navigo "to sail a ship"
- Satellite navigationSystem of satellites that provide autonomous geo-spatial positioning with global coverage
- Positioning, Navigation, and TimingPositioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) is a central technology used by systems and devices for navigation.
- GLONASSRussian satellite navigation system
- Global Positioning SystemThe Global Positioning System is a freely available satellite navigation system owned by the United States government and operated by the United States Space Force.
- Galileo (satellite navigation)Galileo is Europe’s own global navigation satellite system