XPRIZE Foundation operates in industries of public education and innovation management in order to encourage new developments. The company was founded by Peter Diamandis in 1995, in Culver City, California, United States.
The company has overseen and operated seventeen competitions in the interests of such topics as space, oceans, learning, health, energy, environments, transportation, safety, and robotics. XPRIZE has awarded over $140 million in prizes since launching, and awarded their denominations to industry-changing technologies. The first prize the company awarded was given at the value of $10 million.
XPRIZE holds their competitions and awards projects to meet their mission of articulating a vision of a positive future, establish and incentivize competition in markets, and to accelerate breakthroughs.
In response to the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19, the XPRIZE Foundation has launched a $1 million challenge to make a new form of personal protective equipment, namely a face mask, in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The challenge is so-named the Next-Gen Mask Challenge, and is meant to help make wearing a mask more comfortable, functional, accessible, and fashionable.
Laura Segura Mueller
Sarah (Becky) Ramsey
About | XPRIZE
Challenges | XPRIZE
XPRIZE - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Culver City, California, United States
Technological Innovation Competitions
- Artificial intelligence (AI)Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence exhibited by machines.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- EducationThe process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits.
- InnovationApplication of better solutions that meet new requirements, inarticulated needs, or existing market needs
- Cluster: RoboticsA cluster of topics related to robotics.
- Cluster: SpaceA cluster of topics related to the space industry.
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.