Unity Technologies is a company whose software products are used to create approximately half of the world's videogames. Unity Technologies offers a leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content.
Creators, starting from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, film-makers, and others make use of Unity to make their imaginations become reality. Unity’s platform offers a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company has more than 1,800 person research and development team that keeps it at the forefront of development by working together with partners to ensure an optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Applications that were developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020.
Unity's real-time engine and flexible real-time tools have applications in many industries beyond videogames, including:
- Automative and Transportation
- Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- Brand Advertising and Interactive Experiences
- XR (Extended Reality)
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.
- Augmented realityAugmented reality is a view of the real world with computer-generated supplementary features
- Virtual realityVirtual reality is a computer-simulated environment simulating physical presence in real or imagined worlds.
- Video game developmentProcess of creating a video game
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Show More
- Sequoia CapitalSequoia Capital is a venture capital firm that has invested in companies like Google, Apple, Cisco, YouTube, AirBnB and WhatsApp. Founded in 1972 by Donald Valentine, companies backed by Sequoia have created over $3.3 trillion dollars in market capitalization.
- Electronic ArtsElectronic Arts is a Redwood City, California-based company in the video game industry founded in 1982 by Trip Hawkins, Jeff Burton and Stewart J Bonn
- Machine learningA field of computer science enabling computers to learn.
- Unity Machine Learning Agentsa collection of machine learning tools meant to help AI researchers and designers to quickly and efficiently make advances in game development, robotics, and more.