Strong Atomics is a venture capital fund investing in nuclear fusion startups to create an additional source of clean, cheap, abundant and safe energy. They invest in a portfolio of fusion projects that have been selected due to their potential for createing a net-positive energy and their scalability leading to plausible reactors.
- Compact Fusion Systems - uses pistons to compress a spinning liquid metal liner onto a plasma target
- FuZE (Fusion Z-pinch experiment) - stabilizes a Z-pinch by inducing sheared axial flow along the pinched plasma. Developed at the University of Washington, spinning out as the company Zap Energy.
- Hyperjet Fusion Corporation - fires and merges fast, converging plasma jets to form a plasma liner that is used to compress a magnetized plasma target .
- MIFTI Inc. (Magneto Inertial Fusion Technologies) - stabilizes a Z-pinch through staged compression of an annular liner onto the central plasma target .
Funding Rounds Participated In
Venture Capital Firm attributes
- Nuclear technologyNuclear technology is technology that involves the nuclear reactions of atomic nuclei. Among the notable nuclear technologies are nuclear reactors, nuclear medicine, and nuclear weapons.
- Venture capitalVenture capital is a form of private equity financing that is provided by venture capital firms or funds to startups, early-stage, and emerging companies, that have been deemed to have high growth potential or which have demonstrated high growth. Capital invested usually carries a substantial element of risk.