STEMCELL develops cell culture media, cell separation systems, instruments and other reagents for use in life sciences in basic and translational research. Product lines are designed to support entire experimental workflows, from cell isolation through characterization, expansion, differentiation, maintenance and storage. To develop, produce and distribute products specific to a given research field, STEMCELL's Research and Development team often collaborates with academic partners.
STEMCELL offers a line of hematology products, a suite of immune cell isolation tools and products that support research using pluripotent stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells. The company also developed products optimized for neural, mammary, prostate, pulmonary, pancreatic, and intestinal cell biology research.
STEMCELL's Contract Assay Services department develops tailor-made in vitro assays customized for individual researcher needs. STEMCELL's Bioengineering division provides accessory components such as primary cells, antibodies and cytokines, as well as labware and instruments.
Allen C Eaves
Founder, President, CEO
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Stem cell technologyTechnology used for isolating, generating, growing and controlling the differentiation of stem cells into specialized cells and the application of stem cell technology for medical and non-medical purposes such as producing meat through cellular agriculture.
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- Cell biologyScientific discipline that studies cells
- Cell culture mediaThe cell culture media is a nutrient broth that contains growth factors, vitamins, minerals, salts, energy sources, and amino acids cells need to survive, grow and perform cellular functions.
- Stem cellStem cells are self-renewing cells that have the potential to become multiple different cell types in the body. Stem cells are found in developing embryos. Adult stem cells maintain and repair tissues throughout life. Induced pluripotent stem cells are a type of stem cell derived from adult cells that are reprogrammed in the lab.