PlanetiQ has stated that its goal is to launch a commercial constellation focused on weather, climate and space weather, with 12 microsatellites on orbit. The company provides global atmospheric data for weather updates and natural disasters. They look to cover weather and climate modules for populations and areas to help protect lives and properties.
The company provides analysis of high-impact weather events to demonstrate and provide forecasts. The company took part in an experiment that was conducted by the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting that showed how traditional computer modeling predicted Hurricane Sandy to stay out at sea. PlanetiQ's polar-orbiting satellites were able to forecast the actual direction of the storm.
The company is launching a constellation of roughly twenty small satellites to provide over four-hundred million observations everyday. The satellites offer forecasting for weather, space-weather, and climate monitoring. The data is generated by GPS signals that interact with earth's atmosphere.
Emil Robert Kursinski
Kelly S. Wells
Steven Tyler Joanis
About PlanetIQ | PlanetIQ
PlanetIQ - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
PlanetIQ | Critical Data for a Smarter Planet
Three companies win NOAA commercial weather data pilot contracts - SpaceNews.com
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Golden, Colorado, United States
- Cluster: Space industryA cluster of topics related to the space industry.
- SatelliteHuman-made object put into an orbit
- Radio occultationA technique for remotely sensing atmospheric properties and parameters, such as temperature, pressure, and water vapor, by measuring and analyzing signals from global navigation satellite systems (GNSS).
- Satellite constellationGroup of artificial satellites working in concert
- Weather forecastingApplication of science and technology to predict the conditions of the atmosphere for a given location and time
- ClimateStatistics of temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, precipitation, atmospheric particle count and other meteorological elemental measurements in a given region over long periods