Light Chain Bioscience looks to participate in research and development of multi-specific antibodies that rely on light chains to function. The company has created an approach to generate bi-specific antibodies that fully retain the sequence and architecture of human antibodies. They look provide therapeutic applications and administrations.
The company also looks to work against cancer cells CD47. Light Chain Bioscience believes that when cancer cells are selectively blockaded, eventually the body, with monoclonal antibodies, with restore the killing of cancer cells. CD47 is expressed in every cell in the human body, so the company has looked to develop a bi-specific antibody approach to selectively block CD47 on cancer cells in order to leave normal cells unharmed.
The future of the company is aimed towards emerging infectious diseases that require novel approaches to create bi-specific antibody mixtures.
Due to the pandemic outbreak of the novel COVID-19, coronavirus, treatments and viable pharmaceuticals and drugs to combat the disease have undergone development. Light Chain Bioscience has partnered with Edesa Biotech to develop biologic drug candidates for all therapeutics, prophylactic, and diagnostic applications. The company looks to utilize their monoclonal antibody license to target and block signaling proteins known as TLR4 and CXCL10 which are associated with a broad range of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
CD47 Dual targeting - Safe and selective blockade of CD47 on tumors
Light Chain Bioscience - A brand of Novimmune SA
Lightchain | Crunchbase
Looking into the future - Beyond bispecific antibodies
Our focus - Multispecific yet natural
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Light Chain Bioscience
- HealthcareDiagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, illness, and injury
- CancerDisease of cellular proliferation characterized by uncontrolled cellular proliferation, local tissue invasion, and disseminated metastasis
- Monoclonal antibodyMonospecific antibody that is made by identical immune cells that are all clones of a unique parent cell
- TherapeuticsA branch of medicine using a treatment, therapy, or drug to treat, alleviate, or prevent disease, pain, or injury.
- DiseaseAbnormal condition affecting organisms
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.
- CoronavirusCDC Coronavirus: Coronaviruses are common throughout the world. They can infect people and animals. Five different coronaviruses can infect people and make them sick. They usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory illness.