CBD, Inc. is an electronics contract manufacturing company offering surface mount and thru-hole printed circuit board assembly. The company was founded in 1975, by Thom and Carol Carpenter, in Elgin, Illinois, United States.
The company maintains capabilities that include prototyping and pilot runs through to high volume orders. They also offer final and mechanical assembly services. Some other services include automated optical inspection, in-circuit testing, conformal coating and potting, turnkey, consignment, engineering, design, surface mounting, providing thru holes, sub assemblies, in-circuit testing, and final packaging and shipping.
CBD, Inc., works with equipment such as SMT Machines, automated optical inspection, lead free wave solder, conformal coaters, selective automated solder, axial inserter, DIP inserter, re-flow oven, in-circuit testing, screen printing, radial inserter, aqueous in-line cleaner, and DIP and potting.
The company operates in a 20,000 square foot plant that is specifically designed and built for electronic manufacturing.
CBD Inc. :: About Us
CBD Inc. :: Equipment
CBD Inc. :: Facilities
CBD Inc. :: Services
CBD, Inc. - Manufacturer of Electronic Assemblies - Circuit Boards
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Elgin, Illinois, United States
- ElectronicsElectrical circuits that involve active electrical components
- Batch productionBatch production is a manufacturing process characterized by the parallel fabrication and assembly of multiple copies of the same product wherein all steps of the process must be completed before producing the next lot can be made.
- Printed circuit boardMechanically supports and electrically connects electronic components using conductive tracks, pads and other features etched from copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate
- ManufacturingNAICS industry sector 31-33 - establishments engaged in the mechanical, physical, or chemical transformation of materials, substances, or components into new products.
- MachiningManufacturing process