Blupha is a synthetic biology and biomaterial company that is headquartered in Beijing, China and was founded in 2014 by Teng Li, Haoqian Zhang, and George Guoqiang Chen. The company uses synthetic biology techniques to make a biodegradable polymer called polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) out of seawater, and carbon containing industrial and domestic waste products. Its biodegradable polymer products are sold to companies operating in a variety of industries such as agriculture, packaging, industrial molding, restoration, 3D printing, and textiles.
On May 10, 2018 Bluepha closed their seed funding round with and undisclosed amount of funding from Shenzhen Leaguer Venture Capital and Frees Fund.
Dr. Haoqian Zhang
Chief Technical Officer
Dr. Teng Li
Chief Executive Officer
Prof. George Guo-qiang Chen
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- Cluster: Synthetic biologyA cluster of topics related to synthetic biology.
- Cluster: Clean technologyA process, product, or service which reduces negative impacts on the environment while offering competitive returns for investors and customers. Clean technologies provide solutions which reduce energy usage, use sustainable resources, or protect the environment.
- iGEMA non-profit organization promoting responsible innovation in the field of synthetic biology through competition, collaboration, and community.
- MicroorganismMicroscopic living organism
- Synthetic biologyInterdisciplinary branch of biology and engineering, applying multiple disciplines to build artificial biological systems for research, engineering, and medical applications.