Aragon is a decentralized application (dApp) built on top of the Ethereum blockchain that was founded in 2017 by Luis Cuende and Jorge Izquierdo. The platform offers its own ERC20 cryptocurrency token issued under the cryptocurrency symbol ANT. The Aragon platform is an open source project created by the Aragon Foundation and was made to enable the creation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
The Aragon platform is comprised of 4 core principles for managing DAOs, they are: bylaws that define permissions granted to users, a decision making governance system, issuance and control of tokens/capital, and an accounting system for managing funds within DAOs.
On May 17, 2017 Aragon held their initial coin offering (ICO) selling approximately $24 million worth of their Aragon (ANT) cryptocurrency token.
An Interview with Luis Cuende, Co-founder of Aragon
Aragon Network: A Decentralized Infrastructure for Value Exchange
Luis Cuende, Jorge Izquierdo
Aragon Post-ICO Update - September 2018 - Crush Crypto
What Is Aragon (ANT)? | The Complete Guide
What is Aragon Coin? (ANT) Beginner's Guide, Information & Review
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Aragon - The fight for freedom
March 29, 2018
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Decentralized application (dApp)A decentralized application (dApp) is a service that provides direct interaction between providers and end users providers through a blockchain or distributed ledger.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.