Alpiq is a Swiss electricity producer and energy services provider active throughout Europe. They offer services in the fields of energy generation and marketing as well as energy optimization and electromobility. The Alpiq Group has approximately 1150 employees and is headquartered in Lausanne.
Alpiq has been generating sustainable electricity from carbon-free Swiss hydropower for more than a hundred years. Their power plant portfolio comprises shares in two Swiss nuclear power plants as well as flexible thermal power plants, wind farms, and photovoltaic systems in Europe. Alpiq derives a large portion of its revenue from their commerce and trading, or the sale of energy products segment.
Alpiq takes part in energy trading as part of their business model. This includes commodity trading, short-term trading and optimisation, and forward trading and optimisation. These break down into electricity trading, gas trading, market access, energy certificates, derivatives trading in oil and coal, and a risk and portfolio management.
For commodity trading, their focus is on electricity and natural gas and the associated certificate markets. They also trade in other energy commodities, including oil products and coal, and European Energy Certificate Systems.
Alpiq's short-term trading and cross-border trading includes spot and intraday trading on the European energy markets to try and maximize the value of asset-backed and non-asset-backed portfolios.
- Alpiq Csepel Kft. - Hungary
- Alpiq Csepeli Szolgáltató Kft. - Hungary
- Alpiq E-Mobility Ltd. - Switzerland
- Alpiq EcoPower Switzerland Ltd. - Switzerland
- Alpiq Energia Bulgaria EOOD - Bulgaria
- Alpiq Energía España S.A.U. - Spain
- Alpiq Energia Italia S.p.A. - Italy
- Alpiq Energie Deutschland GmbH - Germany
- Alpiq Energie France S.A.S. - France
- Alpiq Energija BH d.o.o. - Bosnia
- Alpiq Energija RS d.o.o. Beograd - Serbia
- Alpiq Energija Skopje DOOEL - Macedonia
- Alpiq Energy Hellas S.A. - Greece
- Alpiq Energy Nordic AS - Norway
- Alpiq Energy SE (Czech Republic) - Czech Republic
- Alpiq Energy SE (Switzerland) - Switzerland
- Alpiq Energy SE Branch Office in Hungary - Hungary
- Alpiq Energy SE Spółka europejska Oddział w Polsce - Poland
- Alpiq Energy Ukraine LLC - Ukraine
- Alpiq Holding Ltd. - Switzerland
- Alpiq Hydro Aare AG - Switzerland
- Alpiq Ltd. - Switzerland
- Alpiq RomIndustries S.R.L. - Romania
- Alpiq Suisse SA - Switzerland
- Flexitricity Ltd. - United Kingdom
Hans Ulrich Meister
Head of Generation International
Head of Generation Switzerland, Deputy of the CEO
Head of Digital & Commerce