Spirit AeroSystems is a company that provides products and services for the use of or for fuselages, under-wing components, composites, wings, and spare and repair parts. The company was founded in 2005, in Wichita, Kansas, United States.
The company is capable of providing aerospace components, composites, metal nacelle hardware, metal pylon hardware, tooling products, metallic and non-metallic assembly, and fabrication tooling. The company also provides after-market services and spare parts.
Spirit AeroSystems looks to provide the products and services to industries such as defense, fabrication, innovation, and commercial markets. The company is interested in developing solutions towards hypersonic flight, as well as assisting in the development of hypersonic weapons. The company manages production systems for 787 composite fuselages, and fabricates major composite components. The company is able to manufacture prototypes and low-volume programs as well as producing high-rate production.
Spirit Aerosystems - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Wichita, Kansas, United States
- Defense IndustryActivities related to national security associated with foreign affairs and defense.
- Space colonizationThe formation of permanent self-sufficient human habitation and exploitation of natural resources beyond earth.
- ManufacturingNAICS industry sector 31-33 - establishments engaged in the mechanical, physical, or chemical transformation of materials, substances, or components into new products.
- AerospaceEngineering effort to fly in the atmosphere of earth (aeronautics) and surrounding space (astronautics)
- Hypersonic flightHypersonic flight generally refers to flight at speeds ranging from Mach 5 (3,836 Mph) to Mach 10 (7,672 Mph).