The venture capital firm was launched in March 2011 as a private-public hybrid fund with an initial fund of $60 million, of which $40 million was from the United Kingdom government. The fund partners are Stefan Glaenzer, Eileen Burbidge and Robert Dighero. The firm announced, at the end of May 2015, that they raised their second fund in the sum of $69 million.
Passion Capital has pioneered a number of transparency initiatives with relation both to company operation and to investment. In June 2013, they announced that they would have a "plain English term sheet" eschewing the use of legal jargon, and put up their sample term sheet online. Passion Capital also publishes information annually on the status of its current and past investments, as well as its average salaries and other expenses. In October 2012, Passion Capital announced joint office hours in London with ten other venture capital firms including Index Ventures, Accel Partners, Balderton Capital, and Eden Ventures.
Monzo is a software development company developing mobile banking applications.
GoCardless is a payments company that developed global payments network based on the bank to bank payment systems. It participated in the S11 cohort of Y Combinator
DueDil is a due diligence tool and business information platform.
Sports betting, political prediction markets and fintech markets exchange.
EyeEm is a Berlin-based company founded by Sadakane Gen, Florian Meissner, Lorenz Aschoff and Ramzi Rizk.
Self-service tool for hotspot-enabling online video.
Tide is a London-based company founded by George Bevis.
Financial fraud detection and prevention company.
PolyAI is a London-based company founded in 2017.
Coinfloor is a Chancery Lane-based company founded by Amadeo Pellicce, Obi Nwosu and Mark Lamb.
Booking platform for long term home stays.
Dwell is a San Francisco-based company.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- Eden VenturesA venture capital firm in England that focuses on investing in the software, media, and big data sectors.
- Index VenturesA venture capital firm that invests in start-ups with the potential to become global businesses. It was founded in 1996 and has locations all over the world.
- Accel PartnersVenture capital firm based in Palo Alto
- Balderton CapitalA venture capital firm in London that focuses on technologies.