ClosedLoop is a healthcare data science company developing a platform to improve quality and reduce costs for healthcare organizations. The two key pillars of ClosedLoop's technology are a healthcare-specific machine learning automation platform and a catalog of pre-built predictive and prescriptive models that can be customized and extended based on your local population needs.
Some examples of applications where ClosedLoop's platform can be utilized include:
- Predicting admissions / readmissions
- Predicting total utilization / total risk
- Preventing ED over-utilization
- Reducing out of network utilization
- Avoiding appointment no-shows
- Predicting chronic disease onset or progression
- Improving clinical documentation and reimbursement
ClosedLoop has released an open-source AI-based risk identification tool for COVID-19. The predictive model identifies people who are likely to have a heightened vulnerability to severe complications from COVID-19, providing a COVID-19 Vulnerability Index (CV19 Index). The CV19 Index is intended to help hospitals, federal / state / local public health agencies and other healthcare organizations in their work to identify, plan for, respond to, and reduce the impact of COVID-19 in their communities.
The CV19 Index does NOT predict who will become infected with COVID-19 or geographic locations where the virus might spread. It is meant to identify people with a heightened risk of severe complications should they become infected.
Medical Home Network (Largest Medicaid Accountable Care Organization in the USA) has deployed the CV19 Index in Chicago, as of the 19th of March 2020 active testing is underway in New York and Florida.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.