ApexQubit is a startup company based in Riga, Latvia developing quantum computing and artificial intelligence software for drug discovery. Founded in 2018 by Denis Farsonov and Nihil Khaine, as of January 2020 Apex Qubit has disclosed $45K in funding from pre-seed rounds. ApexQuibit is funded by Overkill Ventures and HealthInc a health tech accelerator run by the Amsterdam Health & Technology Institute.
ApexQubit aims to improve the drug engineering process using quantum computing and AI to analyze different combinations of chemical compounds significantly faster than current classical computers can and identify higher-quality drug candidates. The company aims to deliver SaaS and will target their first clients in Europe and North America.
The company is interested in the optimization of CRISPR-cas systems, the design of protein-based therapeutics, and the engineering of universal immune cells. ApexQubit is interested in gene activation and repression modes, to provide a better ability to avoid an immune response, and to further the process of gene editing precision. The company is also interested in the generation of new small and mid-sized molecules for specific protein-based diseases and the screening and prediction of binding affinties. ApexQubit is also interested in the design of universal immune cells with adaptable specificty for tumor prenetration and resistance to solid tumors.
Scientific Advisor & Board Member
CEO & Founder
Marcin J. Skwark
Data Scientist & Scientific Advisor
CTO & Co-Founder
ApexQubit | Crunchbase
ApexQubit | Harnessing frontier technologies for better health for humanity
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Berkeley, California, United States
Quantum Computing for Drug Development
- Cluster: Quantum technologyA cluster of topics in quantum technology with applications outside of quantum computing.
- Cluster: Quantum computingCluster of topics related to quantum computing.
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.
- Drug developmentThe process of bringing a new pharmaceutical drug to the market once a lead compound has been identified
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Information technologyDevelopment, management, and use of computer-based information systems
- Machine learningA field of computer science enabling computers to learn.
- TherapeuticsA branch of medicine using a treatment, therapy, or drug to treat, alleviate, or prevent disease, pain, or injury.
- Life Sciences (journal)Peer-reviewed scientific journal