Bail Bloc is an open-source software project developed by The New Inquiry that launched in November 2017. The Platform allows users to donate spare computing resources to mine the cryptocurrency Monero. The mined Monero is transferred to a central pool that is is converted into US dollars and is donated to a rotating group of bail funds registered with the National Bail Fund Network which are then used to post bail for low-income people. Users contribute to the mining of Monero using the Bail Bloc platform by accessing their WebMiner through their browser.
You Can Now Mine Cryptocurrency to Bail People Out of Jail
You can use your computer’s spare power to fund bail for US defendants
- Volunteer computingSystem where users donate computer resources to contribute to research
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencyTopics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- The Bronx Freedom Fund
- Monero (cryptocurrency)An open-source cryptocurrency focused on privacy of transactions with CryptoNote technology using ring signatures.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.