Maxim Nogotkov is a serial entrepreneur, started his first business when he was 12 years old from scratch. Specialized in personal electronics retail in Russia, he built the largest mobile retail network in the country - Svyaznoy. Since 2007 he started to develop retail banking services - Svyaznoy Bank, jewelry retail chain - Pandora, e-commerce, big data, a civic project for e-democracy. He was awarded as the national winner of the Entrepreneur of the Year 2010 contest in Russia by Ernst & Young, named as #13 in the global list of young billionaires (below 35 yo) by Forbes in 2012. Unfortunately, he lost his fortune in 2015 in the Russian economy's turmoil of 2014-2015. In July 2015 he relocated to Silicon Valley to work on new ventures
- From the age of fourteen he was engaged in entrepreneurship - sales of computer programs and automatic caller ID for telephones.
- In 1995, having left his studies at the Bauman Moscow State Technical University, he started his own business by registering the Maxus company. The company was a wholesaler of telephones and personal audio equipment.
- In 2002, he opened the first mobile equipment retail stores under the Svyaznoy brand.
- In 2004, he transformed the Maxus company into the Svyaznoy group of companies, in which he became the CEO.
- Chief Executive Officer (retail business; since 2008) and Advisor to the General Director (since 2009) of KIT Finance.
- Since 2010 - President of the Svyaznoy group of companies; in the same year, the group included Promtorgbank, transformed into Svyaznoy Bank.
- In 2010, he opened the Pandora chain of jewelry stores.
- In 2011 he founded the Nikola-Lenivets Park.
- In December 2011, he launched an online store project under the Enter brand (Enter Svyaznoy).
- In November 2012, he launched a non-profit project in the field of e-democracy and civil initiatives Yopolis.
- In early 2013, he founded the microfinance online service Credberry.ru, which operates on the principle of mutual lending to individuals (peer2peer). It was supposed to be operational by the summer of 2013, but the launch was delayed due to technological difficulties.
- In 2014, control over one of the major creditors of the Svyaznoy group of companies passed to Oleg Malis. After some time, control over the management of the group's business also passed to him, and Nogotkov himself emigrated to the United States.
- On July 16, 2018, the Arbitration Court of the Kaluga Region declared Maxim Nogotkov bankrupt
- As of 2019, Nogotkov worked as a mentor in the Equium business community
- Member of the General Council of the organization "Business Russia".
- In the 2012 presidential election, Maxim Nogotkov was a confidant of Mikhail Prokhorov
- 1997 - Became a dollar millionaire at the age of twenty.
- 2006 - Entered the first list of 33 most successful young men under the age of 33 according to Finance magazine (No. 103 in Russia, fortune - $ 500 million).
- 2010 - Winner of the competition "Entrepreneur of the Year", held by the audit company Ernst & Young.
- 2011 - No. 107 (state - $ 950 million) in the list of the richest businessmen in Russia according to Forbes magazine.
- 2012 - Entered the world rating of billionaires (No. 1153) according to Forbes magazine