uPort is a custom identity platform used for digital transactions that is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York City, New York and was founded by Andres Junge and Rouven Heck in 2016. uPort enables users to collect verifications, log-in without passwords, digitally sign transactions, and interact with Ethereum applications with a registered identity. Users can issue reusable credentials by making private and/or public claims about their identity which allows users to re-use their identity to easily access web and other applications requiring identity verification. Users and applications can privately request further identity verification beyond what is made public by uPort users by making a credential request.
uPort: A Platform for Self-Sovereign Identity
Dr. Christian Lundkvist, Rouven Heck, Joel Torstensson, Zac Mitton, Michael Sena
What is a uPort identity? - uPort - Medium
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- BlockstackBlockstack is a full stack internet platform for building decentralized apps.
- Civic (cryptocurrency)Civic is secure identity platform that provides multi-factor authentication without the need for username, password, third-party authentication, and physical hardware tokens.