ZCoin is a cryptographic extension to Bitcoin. It is a cryptocurrency for private transactions. It uses the Zerocoin protocol and zero-knowledge cryptographic proofs to allow fully anonymous currency transactions.
Its system uses standard cryptographic assumptions and does not introduce new trusted parties or otherwise change the security model of Bitcoin.
Zerocoin: Anonymous Distributed E-Cash from Bitcoin
Ian Miers, Christina Garman, Matthew Green and Aviel D. Rubin
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Cluster: Blockchain & cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Privacy cryptocurrencyA specialized form of cryptocurrencies focused on maintaining the privacy and anonymity of individuals transaction with them.
- ZcashZcash is a cryptocurrency utilizing zero-knowledge proof cryptography to protect the privacy of transactions.
- Zero-knowledge proofZero Knowledge Proofs don't reveal any information except the statement it is trying to prove.