Yours.org is an online social network that is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was founded in 2016 by Clemens Ley and Ryan Charles. The Yours.org Network built in mechanisms for users to reward other users with Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for creating content.
Content creators can post their content for everyone to see on Yours.org, or put their content behind a pay wall that can be set at any price; Yours.org takes 5% of purchases. Users can choose to cast a 'vote' for content they like and want to support. Each vote is a micro-transaction worth $0.25 of BCH and goes to the content creator and earlier voters, allowing early voters to profit alongside content creators. Users can comment on content on Yours.org but must a commenting fee. Once a user submits a comment they can also profit from votes cast by other users.
On December 24, 2017 Yours.org closed their series A funding round with $1.5 million in funding from Bitmain and nChain.
Yours.org co-founder Ryan X. Charles takes part in CoinGeek Conference - CoinGeek
Yours.org Founder Ryan Charles On Micropayments | Crypto Briefing
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Interview with Ryan X. Charles, CEO of Yours.org | Satoshi's Vision Conference, Tokyo 2018
April 4, 2018
Social Media Alternatives: Yours.org with Ryan X. Charles
April 16, 2018
- Akasha (blockchain)Akasha is a blockchain based decentralized social media network that is built using Ethereum and is embedded into the Inter-Planetary File System.
- Bitcoin CashBitcoin Cash is a peer-to-peer electronic cash hardforked from the Bitcoin blockchain.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- LitecoinLitecoin (LTC or Ł) is a open source peer-to-peer cryptocurrency forked from Bitcoin by creator Charlie Lee. A key difference from Bitcoin is the decreased block generation time.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- Show More