Xenex Disinfection Services is a company that provides pulsed xenon ultraviolet-C, room disinfection systems to healthcare facilities. The company was founded by Brian Cruver and Julie Stachowiak in 2009, in San Antonio, Texas, United States.
The company looks to reduce risks of infections form viruses, pathogens, bacteria, and other microorganisms in hospitals. Their technologies are ultraviolet-disinfection systems, named the Xenex's Pulsed Xenon Full Spectrum UV Disinfection Solution. The ultraviolet systems are meant to reduce bacteria loads and cause cellular damage to viral particles.
Xenex Disinfection Services was launched to accommodate the need for protection against healthcare associate infections (HAI). They recognize that antimicrobial resistances increase over time, making HAIs more of a threat to the well-being of patients as well as hospital staff.
In response to the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Xenex Disinfection Services has sent their ultraviolet disinfection robots to Japan, Singapore, Thailand, South Korea, Italy, and Houston. They are providing their Xenex LightStrike robots which use ultraviolet light to disinfect guest rooms and common areas of coronavirus. Each robot can disinfect dozens of rooms per day, and they help disinfect emergency departments as well as ambulances.
Nguyen Tuan Quang
Coronavirus response growing from robotics companies
March 2, 2020
UV Disinfection With Pulsed Xenon to Combat HAIs - Xenex
What America can learn from China's use of robots and telemedicine to combat the coronavirus
March 18, 2020
Xenex | Crunchbase
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Xenex Disinfection Services
San Antonion, Texas, United States
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- CoronavirusCDC Coronavirus: Coronaviruses are common throughout the world. They can infect people and animals. Five different coronaviruses can infect people and make them sick. They usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory illness.
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.
- HealthcareDiagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, illness, and injury