Verge is a decentralized, open-source cryptocurrency with a focus on anonymous transactions. Verge is represented by the symbol XVG and was forked from DogecoinDark.
Verge was created in 2014 as DogeCoinDark. It was rebranded to Verge Currency in 2016. An attack on the Verge blockchain occurred in early April, with differing reports on the success and scale of the exploit. Verge announced a partnership with Pornhub in April 2018.
Verge Currency - Black Paper
Verge Founder Justin Sunerok Talks About the Future and Potential of XVG [Interview]
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
What is Verge [XVG]? - The REAL Privacy Coin? - #REVIEW
February 5, 2018
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Privacy cryptocurrencyA specialized form of cryptocurrencies focused on maintaining the privacy and anonymity of individuals transaction with them.
- DogecoinDogecoin is a cryptocurrency developed from the 'doge' internet meme.that empowers its users to securely and anonymously send and receive online payments.
- DogecoinDarkDogecoinDark is a private cryptocurrency coin that rebranded itself as Verge.