Transcriptic is a Science as a service (SaaS) biotechnology startup company. The company has developed robotic cloud laboratory platform to speed up scientific discovery.
Researchers and scientists can execute experimentation remotely through the Internet. Transcriptic integrates laboratory instruments and procedures with IoT (Internet of Things) technologies over a single user interface. The automated cloud platform allows laboratory processes such as liquid handling, incubation, refrigeration, centrifugation, spectrophotometry, mass spectrometry, flow cytometry, gel separation, thermocycling, nucleic acid sequencing and liquid chromatography be done remotely upon the researchers order and the syntheses are sent to them.
Transcriptic's robotic cloud laboratory architecture is built on robotics and software. It can support biomarker quantitaton, cell based assays and biochemical assays.
Max Hodak founded Transcriptic on February 14, 2012 in San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley and the company is now based in Menlo Park, California. Hodak is also the Chief Technical Officer of the company. Yvonne Linney is Transcriptic's Chief Executive Officer. The team is composed of software developers and engineers, scientists and biologists.
Other members of the leadership team include Jimmy Sastra - Vice President for Automation, Evan Worley - Vice President for Software Engineering, Ben Miles - Head of Product, Yin He - Head of Scientific Operations and Celia Chow - Head of Business Operations.
The company has stated aims to turn biology into an information technology, driven by data, computation, and high-throughput robotics with the goal of substantially advancing drug discovery. Our team brings together deep expertise in biology, automation, and software engineering to set new standards for the way research is done.
Head of Product
Damien C. Tanner
Head of People
Vice President, Software Engineering
Vice President, Automation
5 Q's for Yvonne Linney, Chief Executive Officer of Transcriptic
Center for Data Innovation
ANNOUNCING TRANSCRIPTIC PLATFORM
Babbage: Automation for the people
The Economist: Babbage
Ginkgo Bioworks and Transcriptic selected by DARPA to leverage robotic cloud lab and foundry automation to accelerate biological design with $9.5 M award
Ginkgo Bioworks Taps Transcriptic's Robotics Software to Further Accelerate Automation in Organism Design
In the lab of the future, robots run experiments while scientists sleep
Robotic labs for high-speed genetic research are on the rise
Transcriptic Appoints Life Science Industry Veteran Jeff Finer, M.D., Ph.D. to Board of Directors
Transcriptic: The Robotic Cloud Laboratory
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Transcriptic Robotic Cloud Lab Introduction
30 March 2017
Menlo Park, California
Robotic Cloud Laboratory
- StartupA startup company is an entrepreneurial venture in the initial stage of its operations. Startups are typically young businesses aiming to grow quickly and meet a marketplace need by developing or offering an innovative product, process or service.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- DARPAThe Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense responsible for the development of new technologies.
- Ginkgo BioworksGinkgo Bioworks is a biotechnology company using machine learning techniques and lab automation to engineer microorganisms as a service.
- ZymergenZymergen, founded in 2013 and located in Emeryville, California, is a technology company providing organisms engineering services. Their biotechnology labs rely on advanced manufacturing technologies, machine learning techniques, and genomics to accelerate the design, build, test cycle of microorganisms.
- Emerald TherapeuticsEmerald Therapeutics is a biotechnology company located in San Fransisco, California, founded by Brian Frezza and DJ Klienbaum in 2010. Emerald Therapeutics offers cloud a based software and hardware platform that allows researchers to remotely perform automated scientific laboratory experiments.
- Radix LabsA company that compiles chemical processes to programs to execute on the hardware of a bio lab.
- Show More