Swarm is a non-profit blockchain company that builds open infrastructure for digital securities with the goal of democratizing investment and disrupting the private equity sector.
Security Token Infrastructure
Swarm's security token platform involves multiple infrastructure developments.
The Market Access Protocol (MAP) is an open standard for trading security tokens that is meant to solve inefficiencies and difficulties in the security token market. MAP is a globally compliant protocol that can be used to integrate security tokens into the market in a uniform way.
The MAP API can be used by any participant in the security token space to verify information for regulatory compliance purposes.
Swarm was founded in 2014 in Silicon Valley by Phillip Pieper and Timo Lehes.
In August 2018, Swarm tokenized equity in Robinhood prior to their IPO and offered it to investors through the RHET token.
Head of AI
Founder & CEO
Founder & Chief Investment Officer
Crypto Project Swarm Has Tokenized Robinhood's Private Equity, Is It Legal?
Bitcoin Exchange Guide News Team
Cryptocurrency Startup Swarm Is Selling Tokens Backed by Robinhood Shares
How Swarm Can Disrupt the Private Equity Sector
The Swarm Blockchain, or "How to tokenize a football team".
What is Swarm (SWM)?
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
FinancialFox: Democratising crypto investments: Philipp Pieper, founder & CEO Swarm Fund
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Stellar (cryptocurrency)Stellar is a decentralized, open source payment network using the Stellar Consensus Protocol to enable exchange using both fiat and digital currencies. The cryptocurrency token for the Stellar platform is called Stellar Lumens (XLM).
- Harbor (blockchain)Harbor is a company developing and providing a decentralized compliance protocol for standardizing cryptocurrency (tokenized) securities.
- Polymath (cryptocurrency)A protocol for issuance and restriction of trading of blockchain security tokens.