Stripe is a financial technology company that is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was founded in 2010 by John Collison and Patrick Collison. Stripe provides a global online payment system for individuals and businesses to send and receive money. The company provides the necessary tools and infrastructure for creating online commerce platforms such as on-demand marketplaces, e-commerce stores, and crowdfunding platforms. Notable companies using Stripe include Kickstarter, Instacart, Lyft, Shopify, OpenTable, and Slack.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Online payments company Stripe introduces partner programme
The untold story of Stripe, the secretive $20bn startup driving Apple, Amazon and Facebook
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
How Stripe Became a $10B Challenger to PayPal
August 24, 2018
How To Use Stripe Payment Gateway | Woocommerce Stripe Setup 2018 +NEW
March 16, 2018
What is Stripe? Or Stripe.com - A Comprehensive Overview
February 14, 2014
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: Financial technologyA cluster of topics related to financial technology.
- Unicorn (finance)A privately held startup company with an evaluation above $1 billion.
- Y CombinatorY Combinator (also known as YC) is a US based seed accelerator, which was started in March 2005.
- CrowdfundingCollection of finance from backers—the "crowd"—to fund an initiative
- E-commerceType of business industry usually conducted over the internet
- Online marketplaceType of e-commerce site