Stripe is a company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of every size, ranging from new startups to public companies use Stripe's software to accept payments and manage their businesses online.
Stripe was founded by and in 2010. The company provides a global online payment system for people and businesses to send and receive money and offers tools and infrastructure for creating online e-commerce platforms, such as e-commerce stores, on-demand marketplaces, and crowdfunding platforms. Well-known companies using Stripe include , , , , , and .
Stripe offers support for the developer community by actively contributing to open-source projects and giving back to the community through development, patches, and sponsorships.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Online payments company Stripe introduces partner programme
The untold story of Stripe, the secretive $20bn startup driving Apple, Amazon and Facebook
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
How Stripe Became a $10B Challenger to PayPal
August 24, 2018
How To Use Stripe Payment Gateway | Woocommerce Stripe Setup 2018 +NEW
March 16, 2018
What is Stripe? Or Stripe.com - A Comprehensive Overview
February 14, 2014
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: Financial technologyA cluster of topics related to financial technology.
- Unicorn (finance)A privately held startup company with a valuation above $1 billion.
- Y CombinatorY Combinator (also known as YC) is a US based seed accelerator, which was started in March 2005.
- CrowdfundingCollection of finance from backers—the "crowd"—to fund an initiative
- E-commerceType of business industry usually conducted over the internet
- Online marketplaceType of e-commerce site