Stepan Petrovich Giga (sometimes Giga, born November 16, 1959, in the village of Bilky) is a Ukrainian pop singer (tenor), composer, and People's Artist of Ukraine (2002). Member of the National League of Composers of Ukraine.
Stepan Giga was born on November 16, 1959 in the village of Bilky, Irshava district, Zakarpattia region. From the 7th grade until the very end of the music school, Stepan Giga was a member of the ensemble "Green Carpathians", later he became the leader of this group.
He studied at the Uzhhorod Music School for three years (1980-1983) instead of four. He passed the external exams. While studying, he received a special permit from the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine to freely attend the educational process.
In the second year of the Philharmonic he became a soloist of the extremely popular synthesis group "Stozhary" (at the Chernihiv Philharmonic), while working as a soloist of the opera studio of the Kiev Conservatory, led by People's Artist of the Soviet Union Dmitry Hnatiuk.
In 1988 he was a soloist of the Transcarpathian Regional Philharmonic. A year later, Stepan Giga formed the jazz-rock band Beskids. In 1989, the band "My Friends" was formed, with which Stepan Giga still works.
In 1991, the Beskid band was disbanded and Giga lost his job. Then he tried to arrange, began to write songs. He later founded the recording studio GIGARecords.
In 1995 the first solo album "My Friends" was released. Later, two more appeared: "Natalie Street" and "Roses for You".
On February 20, 1998 he became the Honored Artist of Ukraine, on December 28, 2002 he received the honorary title of People's Artist of Ukraine.
Stepan Giga is married, his wife Halyna is a former administrator of the Transcarpathian Philharmonic, and now the director of the GIGARecords recording studio. The couple is raising two children - a daughter Kvitoslava and a son Stepan.
Stepan Giga lives and works in Ivano-Frankivsk.
- 1995 - "My friends"
- 1997 - "Queen", Studio "ALEX"
- 2001 - "Natalie Street", Studio "6 Seconds"
- 2004 - "Roses for You", Studio "6 Seconds"
- 2014 - "Road to the Temple", Studio "6 Seconds"
- Honored Artist of Ukraine (1998);
- Order of Prince Constantine of Ostroh 1st degree (2000);
- People's Artist of Ukraine (2002);
- Order of the Cossack Glory of the 3rd degree (2003);
- Golden Disc Award (Munich, 2003);
- Order of the Nativity of Christ (2004);
- Order of Andrew the First-Called II degree (2005);
- Order of Andrew the First-Called I degree (2006);
- Order of Merit of the III degree (2009).
Stepan Hiha - Topic