Speckle OS is an operating system being built for the decentralized web (i.e. Web 3.0) in order to facilitate a seamless user experience. Speckle OS is a development of the Polkadot Network, a blockchain interoperability project that enables cross-chain communication between standalone blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The goal of Speckle OS is to enables users to interact with various blockchains in a unified manner, accessing their underlying protocols, decentralized applications, and any chains connected to Polkadot, without needing to be familiar with the technology at all.
Speckle OS will have 3 core pieces of infrastructure:
- Speckle Browser - the user client that enables people to access the Polkadot Network and all connected parachains;
- Speckle Box - a general purpose and highly-configurable UI client for substrate-based chains; and
- Speckle Parachain - chain that enables users to communicate to other connected chains through one portal.
How these components operate together is described in the graphic below.
Dots and Speckle: Paving the way forward for the new web
The Race for Cross-Chain Communication: 11 Projects Working on Blockchain Interoperability
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Polkadot (cryptocurrency)Polkadot is a blockchain protocol intended to allow interoperability between any blockchains while pooling together network security. It is a relay chain between blockchains.
- Blockchain interoperabilityBlockchain interoperability is the ability for different blockchain platforms to communicate and transaction with one another.
- WanchainWanchain is a decentralized, distributed financial infrastructure used to connect digital assets.
- AION (blockchain)AION is a multi-tier blockchain system designed to address problems of scalability, privacy, and interoperability in blockchain networks.
- Blocknet (cryptocurrency)The Blocknet is peer-to-peer protocol that acts between nodes across different blockchains.
- Show More