Sorrento Ventures is a venture capital firm that is committed to providing strategic capital and visions to promising emerging growth companies. The firm was founded in 1985 in San Diego, California, United States.
The firm is interested in companies that are primarily based in Southern California. The firm invests in companies led by experienced management teams that demonstrate large market opportunities exists for their products and services. The firm's focus includes medical devices and biotechnology, enterprise software, communications, electronics, and hardware.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Enterprise softwareEnterprise software describes a collection of computer programs that aims to serve the needs of a large organization (such as a business or school) rather than an individual user.
- CommunicationAct of conveying intended meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of mutually understood signs and rules
- Private equityPrivate equity is a non-publicly traded source of capital from investors who seek to invest or acquire equity ownership in a company.