An amazing plant generously gives people its healing power. Externally, the sea buckthorn berry resembles a vitamin. And for good reason, it really contains a whole bunch of natural vitamins. This crop is very productive, its branches, heavy from the abundance of fruits, lean low to the ground.
Sea buckthorn berries have medicinal properties, they will help get rid of many diseases. Sea buckthorn loves sunny hills. It also grows along the banks of rivers. Plants are also found in mountainous areas. Does not like swampy low-lying places. The plant is not afraid of frost, it is very hardy.
Three types of sea buckthorn grow on the territory of Russia. The most popular species is buckthorn buckthorn. This plant of the sucker family has powerful roots. It can be used to prevent landslides and to strengthen slopes. The main value of sea buckthorn is concentrated in berries and foliage. The leaves, like all representatives of the sucker family, have a waxy coating. The berries are orange in color, tightly attached to the branches.
Even in ancient Rome, sea buckthorn was very popular. This berry was called "glossy horse". When feeding the elite stallion leaves and fruits of sea buckthorn, it was noticed that their wool becomes silky, wounds heal quickly.
- Since then, sea buckthorn has attracted attention and began to be used for people;
- At the moment, it has been established that the fruits of sea buckthorn contain almost the entire spectrum of vitamins known today;
- These are B vitamins, tocopherol, folic acid, a complex of carotenoids, flavonoids, a number of organic acids. As well as essential trace elements, essential oil, pectin substances, antibiotics;
- High content of palmitic and oleic fatty acids;
- Сause the healing effect of berries on the body;
- In medicine, preparations based on sea buckthorn are used very widely. Its wound-healing properties and beneficial effect on the skin are actively used;
- A distinctive feature of this culture is the high content of natural pigments - carotenoids. These compounds are represented by β-carotene, lycopene, lutein, zeaxanthin. The presence of carotenoids in the fruits of sea buckthorn causes its antioxidant properties.
Components of sea buckthorn fruit:
- normalize metabolism;
- increase immunity;
- they slow down the aging process in the skin tissues.
Useful properties of sea buckthorn:
- lowering cholesterol in the blood;
- improving the functioning of the immune system;
- lowering blood glucose levels;
- prevention of hypovitaminosis;
- strengthening of blood vessels;
- prevention of blood clots.