Golden
SagaCoin

SagaCoin

SagaCoin is a cryptocurrency that enables anonymous and private transactions.

SagaCoin is a privacy cryptocurrency enabling anonymous and private transactions using Darksend and mastenodes. SagaCoin is an open source cryptocurrency project that officially launched on December 3, 2017 using a hybrid Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus mechanism based on the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Cryptocurrency wallets officially supported by SagaCoin are available for Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux, and paper wallets.

Technical specifications

The following tables describes the technical specifications of SagaCoin according to the projects white paper: 

Technical specification
value

Algorithm

Scrypt

Block reward

25 SAGA first year, 12.5 SAGA second year, 6.25 third year

Block size

2 MB

Block time

120 seconds

Difficulty retarget

10 minutes

Masternode requirement

2,500 SAGA

Masternode reward

90% stake reward

Max coin supply

42,000,000

Minimum stake age

8 hours

Proof-of-Stake

180% masternode, 20% coin stake [total 200%] (first year); 90% masternode, 10% coin stake [total 100%] (second year); 45% masternode, 5% coin stake [total 50%] (third year and above)

Ticker symbol

SAGA

Transaction confirmation

10 blocks



Timeline

December 3, 2017

Release of SagaCoin

SagaCoin is an open source cryptocurrency project that officially launched on December 3, 2017 using a hybrid Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus mechanism based on the Scrypt hashing algorithm.

People

Name
Role
Related Golden topics







Further reading

Title
Author
Link
Type

SagaCoin Whitepaper

SagaCoin

Academic

SagaCoin-Masternode Guide

SagaCoin

Web

Documentaries, videos and podcasts

Title
Date
Link





Companies

Company
CEO
Location
Products/Services









References