Roam Analytics is a California based information technology company using Artificial Intelligence to integrate natural language processing to support the modern healthcare system. The company builds language processing models to incorporate different kinds of health-related information to make data-sets that can support healthcare companies.
The company’s platform analyzes the abundance of clear text data in the healthcare industry to provide structured data that provide analytical insights. It works with healthcare companies to quantify their language data for providing an analytic view of their patients and statistics. It also uses health care information to create a private knowledge graph for relationship analysis of drugs, symptoms, hospitals, procedures, providers, statistics, events, and diseases. As of June 2018, it had 1 billion edges for its deep learning platform. The data is used for predictive analysis of hypothesis and is shared with its customers. Roam also developed LSTM-CRF model for combining unsupervised word representations and hand-built feature representations derived from publicly available healthcare ontologies.
Roam performs research based on anonymized data provided by healthcare companies. It worked with ViiV Healthcare for analyzing HIV patients information to co-relate outcomes with other variables. On December 17, 2018, it presented its research on “Supervised machine learning to predict HIV outcomes” at AIDS 2018 conference in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The company also holds an annual LIGHT (Leaders in Global Healthcare and Technology) conference with Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University. The conference focuses on the impact of Technology, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence on the health sector. The first LIGHT conference was held on May 10, 2017.
Alex Turkeltaub, Atul Suklikar, and Andrew Maas founded the company in 2013. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California. Andrew Maas has a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University and specializes in deep learning and natural language processing.
Co-Founder and CEO
Co-Founder and Co-chief scientist
Head of Operations & Finance
Head of Product
Head of Customer Engagements
Head of Product Operations
Head of Engineering
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.
- Artificial intelligence (AI)Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence exhibited by machines.
- HealthcareDiagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, illness, and injury
- Big dataCollection of complex data sets
- Natural language processing (NLP)Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a field of computer science wherein computer and human languages interact. Programming computers to process vast amount of natural language data.