ReddCoin (RDD) is a decentralized open-source cryptocurrency designed for use through social media. Reddcoin was originally forked from Litecoin and officially released on February 2, 2014, before being re-based on Bitcoin in August, 2016. The Reddcoin platform uses a peer-to-peer payment system that makes it simple for social media users to donate RDD coins to content creators through micro-transactions.
Content creators can make their content open for tips by downloading the Reddcoin wallet application and linking it to their social media accounts. The Reddcoin platform is supported by Twitter, Reddit, and Twitch. Users of Reddcoin can stake their RDD coins to generate passive income because Reddcoin uses a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) process called 'minting' that rewards users through a Staking Reward.
ReddCoin is launched
ReddCoin is launched based on a fork of the Litecoin codebase.
COO and Core Developer
CTO and Lead Developer
[ANN][RDD] Reddcoin The Social Currency [PoSV] Electrum Wallet 1.0.2
Proof of Stake Velocity: Building the Socia lCurrency of the Digital Age
Proof-of-Stake-Velocity in Reddcoin: Frequently Asked Questions
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- LitecoinLitecoin (LTC or Ł) is a open source peer-to-peer cryptocurrency forked from Bitcoin by creator Charlie Lee. A key difference from Bitcoin is the decreased block generation time.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Social currencyValue which comes from a person's presence and influence within social networks and communities.
- Show More