Rchain is a platform powered by Rho Virtual Machine that allows development of decentralized applications. It features independent blockchain where independent set of smart contracts can be executed, scalability through creation of new instances of the RhoVM whenever needed, dynamic address namespaces, and concurrent smart contract language.
RChain Architecture Documentation
Ede Eykholt, Lucius Gregory Meredith, Joseph Denman
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
What is RChain all about?
28 June 2018
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Smart contract (blockchain)A smart contract (self-executing contract, blockchain contract) is an agreement between parties that is enforced by a program encoded onto a blockchain which executes code exactly as originally written.
- Blockchain scalabilityBlockchain scalability is the ability for participants in a blockchain network to process and store a large number of transactions. Speed of transaction throughput is often measured in transactions per second (TPS) and the size of a blockchain is measured in bytes of storage required.
- RholangRholang is a behaviorally typed, concurrent programming language formally modeled by Rho-calculus.
- Show More