Radiant Genomics developed an industrial platform for natural product and gene discovery allowing scientists to quickly identify, produce and test products encoded by genomes of millions of organisms that are not easily grown in the lab, and have previously been less accessible to scientists.
Radiant Genomics was acquired by Zymergen, a molecular technology, machine learning and manufacturing technology company, in 2018. At that time Radiant Genomics possessed more than two terabases of physical and digital DNA data in their libraries and were claimed to be one of the largest fully-assembled and instantly-accessible catalogues of genetic diversity in the world. Radiant Genomics built large-scale libraries of genetic diversity using a platform that combines sequencing, bioinformatics, synthetic biology and other technologies for the purpose of product discovery, diversification and production. Zymergen will use Radiant’s technologies for identification and commercialization of novel molecules for use in agriculture, healthcare and chemicals.
Radiant Genomics was founded by Oliver Liu and Jeff Kim.
il h kim
Founder, CEO, CSO
Moses M. Feaster
Last Train to Emeryville: The DigiBio value engine is leavin’ the station, are you on it? : Biofuels Digest
Radiant Genomics Collaboration
Zymergen Acquires Metagenomics Company Radiant Genomics
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Synthetic biologyA cluster of topics related to synthetic biology.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- GenomicsThe study of genomes. A genome is the full set of genetic material from an organism. Genomics is an area of research that is concerned with all genes and other functional DNA elements within an organism and how they control the development and life of that organism.
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- MetagenomicsMetagenomics is the study of genomes derived from microbial communities sampled from natural environments.
- ZymergenZymergen, founded in 2013 and located in Emeryville, California, is a technology company providing organisms engineering services. Their biotechnology labs rely on advanced manufacturing technologies, machine learning techniques, and genomics to accelerate the design, build, test cycle of microorganisms.