Qtum is a cryptocurrency platform that enables decentralized applications (dApps) and smart contracts to be developed and utilized. These dApps work on mobile devices, and is compatible with most major blockchain ecosystems. Smart contract creation on the Qtum platform can be done using several programming languages that are supported by Qtum's x86 Virtual Machine. The Qtum platform uses their own Decentralized Governance Protocol (DGP) that enables blockchain setting modification through the use of smart contracts.
Initial coin offering (ICO)
From march 12, 2017 to March 17, 2017 Qtum held their initial coin offering (ICO) selling approximately $15 million worth of their Qtum (QTUM) cryptocurrency.
Qtum (QTUM) Story, Latest Partnership and Currently Outclassing NEM and Maker by Price - Prediction
Qtum Blockchain Becomes Amazon Web Services Partner in China - CoinDesk
Qtum Blockchain Economy Whitepaper
Qtum White Paper
Patrick Dai, Neil Mahi, Jordan Earls, Alex Norta
What is Qtum - An Ultimate Guide on QTUM crypto
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
2016 IBM Cup Demo Day: Best Innovation
Dec 4, 2016
Defining the Blockchain Economy
Mar 5, 2017
Qtum Cryptocurrency Explained ( Qtum = Bitcoin + Ethereum )
September 12, 2018
Qtum mobile wallet and Apple Watch demo video
Feb 25, 2017
Qtum Presentation at Edcon
Mar 4, 2017
Qtum Technical Introduction and Demonstration
Feb 27, 2017
QtumX Reaches 10,000 TPS in Benchmark Tests - Qtum
22 January 2019
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- Smart contract (blockchain)A smart contract (self-executing contract, blockchain contract) is an agreement between parties that is enforced by a program encoded onto a blockchain which executes code exactly as originally written.