Golden Recursion Inc. logoGolden Recursion Inc. logo
Advanced Search
Petropavlovskaya village

Petropavlovskaya village

one of the oldest Cossack settlements in Kurganinsky district, and in Kuban. Stanitsa was founded in 1845. It was part of Labinsky department of the Kuban Cossack Army, Kuban region.

Petropavlovskaya village is one of the oldest Cossack villages in Kurganinsky District and Kuban. Cossacks arrived here to the steppe expanse by the order of Catherine II. The Cossacks liked the beautiful place near the bend of the river Chamlyk. September 28, 1845 was the birthday of the Cossack village. An Orthodox church in memory of the Apostles Peter and Paul was opened. The settlement was named - Stanitsa Petropavlovskaya. For the settlement of Cossacks Catherine II by her letter of 1845 secured for eternal use of land and the protection of the state border in the Northern Caucasus.

In the early years of the stanitsa inhabited by about two thousand people, and 10 years later the population has tripled. By 1916 in the village lived more than 17 thousand people.

With the easy hand of Catherine II, who gave permission to settle fertile land in the settlement attracted people from the volosts and provinces of Russia. The herd was being rebuilt. At the beginning of XX century with donations from residents were built: a hospital, a school, a bridge over the river Chamlyk, a windmill. Cossacks, non-natives began to build their houses on both sides of the river Chamlyk.

In the village were in use such industries as: blacksmithing, shoemaking, carpentry, cooperage, tailoring, weaving, and rope making.

On private farms, engines were already humming in the fields. The Cossacks are beginning to grow everything that the land - the breadwinner - produces. Vegetables, fruit and crops are in abundance.

From many Kuban villages (according to archive materials) Petropavlovskaya is one of the most revolutionary. In that hot time here in the Kuban, the local soldiers - the Cossacks opposed the Tsarist autocracy, spoke of freedom. And they paid the price. The military tribunal sentenced the conspirators to long terms.

In the Petropavlovsk museum people's fates are reflected in photographs and short captions. Stand "For the power of the Soviets," there are more than 50 photos. Petropavlovsk citizens served and fought in the units and formations of Sorokin. Budyonny, Voroshilov, Kochubey. On the battlefields of the Caucasian War the leadership talent of the young Cossack commander Ivan Lukich Sorokin was brightly revealed. It was noticed by the command of the Caucasus Front. Sorokin waIn Petropavlovskaya there is a monument to the residents who died of starvation. But people are strong enough to overcome any hardships. Business went uphill. But suddenly a new test - the Great Patriotic War. The village became empty and orphaned. In the main hall of the museum lists all 3200 people who went to war. And the names of those 1200 people who did not return. One of them was a former collective farmer, the commander of infantry battalion, Nikolay Kulikov, awarded by the Star of the Hero. He died in 1945. In Petropavlovskaya, in the center of the village is a monument-bust to him, one of the streets of the village bears the name of the hero of the Great Patriotic War Nikolai Ivanovich Kulikov.

Petropavlovsk citizens served and fought in all kinds of troops. They defended and released the Caucasus, Kuban, Stalingrad, Kursk Bulge, defended Moscow, Leningrad. They liberated Ukraine, Belorussia and Baltic republics. Over two hundred were in partisans. About thirty soldiers and civilians languished in fascist camps.

During the occupation of the village of Petropavlovskaya from August 1942 to January 1943 the Nazis left a bloody trail. They shot the chairman of the collective farm. Years later the remains of the victims will be transferred to the village Victory Park. On the bank of the Sinyukha river the Germans shot over 3,000 Jews, refugees and partisans. They took these people from all over Temirgoevsky district, Pushkin and Skobelevsky farms. During the occupation, German troops destroyed the school, power plant, creamery and cheese factory. MTS and collective farms were plundered. The church was turned into a stable. About the distant, heroic, but sorrowful period tells us about the stand "No one is forgotten, nothing is forgotten".

We should be grateful to the home front workers for their great contribution to the overall victory. Petropavlovsk citizens contributed over three million rubles to the defense fund. Sent to the Red Army hundreds of poods of bread, potatoes and vegetables. Over six hundred of Petropavlovsk citizens were rewarded by the state for the work in the home front.

The Great Patriotic War ended. Everything had to be restored from scratch: all collective farms, MTS, power station, school. The construction was going on. The village was improving, brigade yards, roads, schools, houses for the collective farmers were being built. The Palace of Culture was built.

Many workers added new ones to their military awards for labor exploits.

Nowadays Petropavlovskaya is actively developing!

Timeline

Further reading

Title
Author
Link
Type
Date

Documentaries, videos and podcasts

Title
Date
Link

References

Golden logo
By using this site, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.