The OAX Foundation is headquartered in Wan Chai, Hong Kong and was founded by Ken Lo, Hugh Madden, Dave Chapman, and David Tee in 2013. The OAX Foundation is the creator of the open source and transparently governed OpenANX decentralized cryptocurrency exchange. The OpenANX decentralized exchange operates using their own OAX cryptocurrency. The OAX Foundation receives support for its events, research, and other initiatives from the following firms: Refinitiv, Cognito, and OpenMinds.
The following companies are in partnerships agreements with OpenANX:
- ANX International
- Octagon Strategy
- Enuma Technologies
- Solidus Labs
The OAX Foundation released their white paper in June 2016 that was titled "Real World Application of Decentralized Exchanges". Two years after releasing its white paper the company announced their partnership with Enuma Technologies to build the companies decentralized exchange (DEX) using the 0x protocol. In December 2018 the OAX Foundation demonstrated its blockchain performance for single nodes to be able of handling over 1000 transactions per second, and in January 2019 the company released their DEX on the Rinkeby Testnet. In August 2019 the OAX Foundation released the source code for the companies Layer 2 Exchange (L2X) protocol.
Initial coin offering (ICO)
The OAX Foundation held its initial coin offering for their OAX cryptocurrency from June 22, 2017 to July 21, 2017 selling approximately $18,756,937 worth of OAX tokens.
openANX – Real World Application ofDecentralized Exchanges
Hugh Madden, David Tee, Lionello Lunesu, Liam Bussell
The Open ANX Foundation Closes Token Sale Ahead of Schedule
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Decentralized cryptocurrency exchangeA decentralized cryptocurrency exchange is an exchange market that utilizes blockchain or another decentralized technology to enable peer to peer transfer of digital assets without reliance on a trusted third party to hold funds.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Hong KongSpecial administrative region of the People's Republic of China.
- Wan ChaiMetropolitan area in Hong Kong