OpenAI's mission is to build safe AGI, and ensure AGI's benefits are as widely and evenly distributed as possible. OpenAI was founded with the belief that the first AGIs will have impact that greatly exceeds that of preceding AI technologies.
OpenAI is a non-profit research company with a full-time staff of 60 researchers and engineers who are dedicated to working towards the organization's mission. Their focus is on long-term research - working on problems that require making fundamental advances in AI capabilities. By being at the forefront of the field, OpenAI wants to influence the conditions under which AGI is created. As Alan Kay said, "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
Much research by OpenAI is published at top machine learning conferences. The organization also contributes open-source software tools for accelerating AI research and releases blog posts to communicate their research to others in the field. OpenAI does not believe in keeping information private for private benefit, although they do expect to create formal processes for keeping technologies private when there are safety concerns.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
OpenAI YouTube Channel
- OpenAI BaselinesA set of high-quality implementations of reinforcement learning algorithms created and shared by the OpenAI non-profit AI research company
- Reinforcement LearningAn area of machine learning focusing on how machines and software agents react in a specific context to maximize performance and achieve reward known as reinforcement signal.
- NeuralinkNanobiotechnology company developing brain-machine interface to connect humans and computers based in San Francisco, California.
- Machine learningA field of computer science enabling computers to learn.
- Elon MuskElon Musk is a serial entrepreneur known for creating high-tech, science fiction inspired ventures.